-->

Sunday, January 16, 2011

As Beautiful As The Sky: Dona Nobis Pacem

As you can see, this is not a 30 days topic. Too bad. It has been taking up my time the last week and deserves it's own post.
It's called:
Dona Nobis Pacem by Ralph Vaughn Williams
A masterworks concert with Alpine districts honor choirs and orchestra.
It was a privilege to perform such an inspiring and beautiful piece. Not to mention being directed by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's director Dr. Murphy.
Ah! It was so motivating and satisfying. The piece consists of six movements and ends up being around 45 minutes long. But it is just incredible.
This excerpt below is probably my favorite movement IV. Dirge for Two Veterans.



And that is just a taste, my friends.
Even though my back is aching and my chamber dress is smelly and my feet hurt and I haven't done anything but sing with an almighty gusto for 48 hours;
it was SO worth it.