-->

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Before and After

BEFORE
5:15 Made Won-Tons with Anna
6:00 Carlie comes over!
7:00 New Years Party. Hot chocolate and starburst.
7:30 I play with my food and create Harry Potter with Anna. Even signed with red just like Bob Ross!


8:00 I Swing around on this ladder in Brynne's library. I could not feet more like Belle--and life couldn't get better.

9:00 I am once again with Hannah.
10:00 Different New Years Party! Catch Phrase. Grapes.
11:00 Imaginiff...
11:45 Oh oh oh! 2011 is almost upon us. Finish up our "lasts". A few examples:

"Last text in 2010!"
"Last pretend murder in 2010!"
"Last hug in 2010!"
"Last scripture quoted in 2010!"
"Last time being tickled in 2010!"
"Last popping-a-grape in my mouth in 2010!"
"Last make-shift dance party in 2010!"

It seems to go like that each year...

Then. Suspense builds. We scream and yell and countdown and run around in circles and go outside in bare feet and watch our cellphones until we see the long-waited 12:00am... I always feel like I don't really know how to approach a new year. With gratitude: Yes. With remembrance and memories and nostalgia, almost? I don't know. Or maybe excitement and anticipation and looking forward to new adventures to come. Definitely both. I have been looking forward to 2011 ever since I entered Preschool. GRADUATION YEAR. How crazy is that? So. All these thoughts rush into my head the second before the clock turns and a new beginning...begins.

12:00 Then FIREWORKS... 



AFTER
...And screaming and yelling and dancing around in bare feet on the back porch on ice and running around in circles and wishing everyone near-by "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Then we start our "firsts". A few examples:

"First broken necklace in 2011!"
"First picture taken in 2011!"
"First uncorked bottle in 2011!"
"First dog pile in 2011!"
"First received call in 2011!"
"First wink in 2011!"
"First cheesy smile in 2011!"

1:00 The funny thing about these firsts and lasts is that they really probably aren't the first and last. For instance: you know the whole kiss at midnight tradition right when the new year comes? I bet every lovey couple out there thinks they are the first people to kiss in the new year. Special right? But every other couple is doing the same thing! So they probably aren't the first. Or they just tied with a million other couples in one massive kiss-moment around the world! I guess that's kind of cool...

2:00 Anyway. I've always thought New Years Eve was a little anti-climatic (maybe it's because I don't drink?). Stay up all night and then in one second it's over. But it always makes for good times I suppose. And there is one thing about the New Year that is a WONDERFUL tradition. That is goal setting.

2:54 So here I am almost three in the morning; not wanting to go to bed until I have declared my goals. Setting them would be a good place to start...

Here goes.

1) Be more selfless
2) Keep the Spirit with me ALWAYS
3) Get good grades-4.0 would be nice.
4) Be more understanding and sensitive to the feelings of others
5) Sing AMAZINGLY PERFECT at Carnegie Hall
6) Pay off New York and Europe and save for College-be VERY frugal
7) Exercise and be fit
8) At college--stay strong. Embrace change.
9) Make a special effort to be kind to my mom
10) Make someone feel loved every day

I am satisfied. That is a good start.

3:03 Fewf! Goodnight. And Happy New Year :)




1 comment:

Anna Elizabeth said...

Won tons! Harry Potter! Bob Ross!

Love you.