-->

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Science Review Session

Once upon a time I took a shower.

Ever normal person takes a shower.

Then I put on my clothes. But, obviously, I got some clean underwear to put on. So I got dressed. And I got ready for the day. If I must say so, I looked pretty great. I was heading off to a science review session. Some friends picked my roommates and I up and we were off to the Romney building. We got to the designated room but, it was much too crowded to fit all the students who came, seeking to get A's on the exam. So the teacher filed us out into another room. As we were climbing the stairs, I realized that something was slowly crawling down my leg. I try to look down inconspicuously but when my eyes reached my leg I knew something was terribly wrong. There was a HUGE lump. Kind of by my knee. But a little lower. And on the side. So, instinctively, I yell out in horror "Something is in my pants!!!". Of course, I was frightened it was some sort of monster that was going to latch itself onto my leg, becoming a parasite and begin feeding off of my energy until it had taken so much of me that I was left with no life remaining. I was in the midst of a mob of students climbing stairs and it was physically impossible to stop moving and reach down to touch the lump. With each stair, it crawled further down my leg, by the time I reached my classroom it was almost to my ankle. At this point, all of my friends, new and old, were worried sick about this lump and had gathered around me. But during my trek to the new classroom, and after the initial panic subsided, I realized that my yelling to the students that something was in my pants was not such a smart remark. I also realized what possibly and realistically was in my leg.....yes....that's right.....underwear.

Leftover from my perfectly normal shower.

Stuck in my pant leg.

Augh.

This dawned on me as I go to sit down. So I plop down on my chair and indiscreetly pull the lump out of my pants. Yes. It's underwear. This was no good. I had created an uproar and I definitely did not want anyone to see my underwear that had fallen out of my pant leg. So I tried really hard to slip my underwear into my purse before anyone could realize what was going on. Sadly, all the girls I was with saw me and burst out into a fit of giggles in front of the class of 100 people. It was traumatic.

I spent the rest of the study session trying to convince the boys I was with that I was kidding about the lump and they need to stop worrying about it.

...

...


Then I get home and get on Facebook.

NOTIFICATION!

Isn't that a great feeling?

Anywho. This is what it says:

"Shelby :) So I am sitting in this science review session tonight and thought I heard your laugh, so I looked around and it was you! haha it brought back memories of Lone Peak for a second."


I admit, I was slightly flattered. But, on second thoughts, I realized the humiliating situation she must have witnessed and I questioned myself. Why am I always in these situations? Why is this the way people remember me by? I sincerely hope she didn't see my underwear. She must think I've cracked since I moved here to Rexburg. Or maybe she wasn't surprised at all. That's probably worse.


Oh boy.




Wish me luck with ever getting married people.

2 comments:

Madison said...

OH MY GOODNESS. this made my whole night.
hahah oh my gosh, I read it aloud to my sisters.
we chuckled.

Once i got cake batter on my shirt and so i took it off and then the doorbell rang so I panicked and ran out of the side door of my house..
to find the neighbor boy sitting right outside. awk.

McKann said...

Hahaha Shelby that's the greatest thing I've ever heard. Mostly because that's TOTALLY happened to me before. Thanks for reminding me I'm not the only person who has embarrassing moments. :)