-->

Friday, November 25, 2011

Home for the Holidays

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!










Tuesday night I drove into Utah Valley. Oh, how I miss the mountains. It's definitely 15 degrees warmer here than in Rexburg. But, the thing that makes home magical is the familiarity of family and friends.

You know that saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". Well, I think that's usually true. Sometimes, it "fonder" can be substituted with "more forgetful". But, the people who really matter in your life, you love more and more when you can't be with them. I love my family. They are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm so grateful for the way I was raised and the values and spirit that are ever-present in my home. It's so interesting to meet people who grew up in different homes across the world who have such a different view on life! I am SO grateful for mine. I missed listening to classic rock and Disney while making pies and rolls with my siblings and having a dance party in the kitchen. I missed hearing Asia show off her "piano skills" and Jenessa giving me big hugs and Devin laughing with me. I missed raking leaves together and jumping in them and being attacked. I miss wrestling on the floor. I missed family chores. I missed watching movies together in the basement with the heat-dish on full blast and everyone falling asleep. I missed goofy family pictures where it's almost impossible to get everyone to have a normal smile. I missed waking up in the mornings to music and cleaning noises going on upstairs. I missed sleeping in my bed. I missed the love that's always in the house...even when it's loud and chaotic. I missed my family.

They are so wonderful.

My friend Kelsey came home with me for Thanksgiving break. It was a blast to share this week with her. Of course, after Thanksgiving dinner everyone fell asleep then watched movies the rest of the day. I literally couldn't move I was so full. Ah, lazy days. So nice. The next day Christmas decorations went up. Ha. Funny how that works.

But, I'm already counting down the days till Christmas break...

I'll get to see my family again :)

No comments: