-->

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Way You Look Tonight

You know those songs that make your heart melt away. Literally?

I call them my sentimental songs. I'm pretty sure everyone has them. Sometimes they make you cry and sometimes you can't stop smiling when you listen to them. But, they hold meaning, whatever it is. When I'm perfectly content, I sing them in the shower. Or when I'm feeling blue, I'll sing them and paint. When I've got lots of energy, I sing them and clean. Maybe pull out the vacuum or broom. Sometimes I'll give my little sister a kiss on the forehead and sing them to her when she is tired. Then sometimes, when I feel in love with the world around me, or in love with a person, I'll sing them as I dance. Music can do beautiful things. I wonder if my sentimental songs will ever loose their meaning. Or if they will pluck my heartstrings forever. It's a curious thing.

The Way You Look Tonight.

That's my sentimental song.

I could listen to it forever I think.

lovely,


with your smile so warm,


and your cheeks so soft,


there is nothing for me but to love you


and the way you look tonight...


mmm-mmm


mmm-mmm




mmm.

No comments: