-->

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recipe Rendezvous

Julie, Juila, homemade food, Anna (the mastermind), and a variety of soon-to-be college goers; had a party today. It's been in my planner for weeks. It was called "Recipe Rendezvous". Basically, it's a brilliant idea where a bunch of teens who are moving out in the very near future get together and exchange easy-to-make-recipes. Are we in Relief Society, you ask? No. But hey, it's a smart idea. In preparation I decided to make one of my All-Time-FAVS to share.

Frogs Eye Salad.

Yes. It is made with real frogs eyes. And when you eat it, they hatch inside your belly and eat away at your insides causing you to lose weight at an exponential rate! Let me know if you want the 30-day trial.

It goes something like this:


Cook on stove, 
1/2 cup sugar, 
1 tsp. flour, 
1/4 tsp. salt, 
1 cup pineapple juice, 
and 1 egg
Until thickened.
Like so:



You then cook the frogs eyes.
Cook 1/2 package of acini de pepe pasta 


Boil until the pasta until it looks
Like so:


Drain the pasta. And...
Mix it with the sauce.
Add 1/2 T. lemon juice.
Like so:


Now's the fun part. 
Let your creation chill in the refrigerator overnight.
Meanwhile, have these items handy:
2 cans mandarin oranges
1 can pineapple chunks
1 can crushed pineapple
1 ctn. Cool Whip
2 cups of marshmellows


Wake up bright and early, mix everything together (oh, ya, you might want to cover the pasta in the fridge), and WAL-LAH!


Delicious Frogs Eye Salad.

It was definitely a hit judging by when Julie & Julia was over, my Frog Eye Salad was eaten and gone. So good. During the show, I copied down over 40 recipes! In this handy little book I made, organized by subject. (I've had lots of time on my hands). 


Copying the recipes:


Copying recipes once again. In a new location. But, this time, we all look like Julia Child. I think we pulled it off well.


Maybe after this little Rendezvous, I can test out all my note-cards and become as good as a chef as she was.


Now all I need is the height...

1 comment:

mallorypark said...

OH MY GOSH! i love frog eye salad! i have it for breakfast! like, no joke!!!