-->

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Paisley the Pig



The other day I was chatting it up with my friend, Mindy. Distractedly listening, I heard, "My dad almost brought home a pig from Wyoming!"

I took a moment to get all the wax out of my ears and slap myself, then asked "What was that?"

"A PIG. My Dad was going to buy us a pet PIG."

So.  I did hear her correctly.

At first, this idea was hysterical. And crazy. But we decided to do a little research. These Wyoming pigs weren't your normal pigs. They were Miniature Pot-Belly Pigs. Otherwise known as, Teacup Pigs. Apparently some guy in England bred this new kind of pig and it stays quite small it's whole life. Hence "miniature". It's bred for being a household pet. Less messy, noisy, and expensive than a dog. Plus, it's original.

You still don't believe me, huh?

Take a look:






Aren't they the CUTEST things EVER?!

I am not a fan of pets. I've had many. Fish, lizards, turtles, rabbits, birds, hamsters. They have all died. The hamsters were actually cannibalistic. I just don't have the touch. And since working with 4 high-maintenance dogs every other week, I have been pretty set on NO PETS. NONE.

But I must admit I'm sorely tempted to buy a pig.

And name it Paisley.

Look how happy we would be!


There's just no way I can pass that up.

Give me a year or two......or five, and Paisley will be sprinkling this lil' ol' blog of mine with pictures and stories galore.

Paisley the pig.

Such a nice ring to it.

5 comments:

Anna Elizabeth said...

When you mentioned this post to me earlier, I was like... what? But, yes. I'll admit - they're cute. Too cute. It should be illegal.

mallorypark said...

do you remember in like 5th grade when i wanted a pet pig?!

Shelby Brimley said...

I don't remember that... How come you didn't buy one?!

Sophie said...

That's it! I'm getting one! I'll just need to find a way to hide it from my mom 24/7...

Unknown said...

You can see the other pictures of my pig Gonzo the little pig smelling the bush at my website http://www.teacuppiggies.com