-->

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Eighth Wonder of the World

Otherwise known as, Sliding Rock.

At least to the community surrounding Alpine.

For all my life I have heard about The Magnificent, The Beautiful, "Sliding Rock".

It's in my backyard but I've never been! This week was my chance. Not only Sliding Rock, but, glowing-with-candles-and-glow-sticks Sliding Rock. It had an eerie/romantic effect.

In the words of The Bachelorette "Sliding Rock(or insert place here) is the perfect place to fall in love!".

Ha. It was enchanting.

The pictures don't really capture the "romantic" environment, and the CERTAINLY don't capture the COLD.

I couldn't speak, or move, or think after I was plunged into that freezing mountain run-off. Survival instincts kick in. It was hilarious to see everyone scamper out of the pool.

That splash of water? That's me. :)


Climbing up the treacherous cliff to get to the nature-made slide. This was the scariest part in my opinion. 


So fun to do with friends. And a warm burrito afterwards helps a lot. 

Now all I have left to do in Utah is the Grand Canyon! ;)

No comments: