-->

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Day With My Bike

Three teenagers; one car. Doesn't work out too well.

Yesterday, I found myself car-less, family-less, school-less, snow-less, and with a lot of places to go.

I woke up and while eating a bowl of delicious Honey Bunches of Oats I decided I was going to ride my bike. I took a hot tub, Got in a yellow sun dress, Filled my satchel (I finally figured out what a satchel is) with necessary items, and I was off.

Besides realizing it was sometimes uncomfortable riding a bike in a dress...and that my bum got really sore after a while, my bike ride was bliss.

I waved to all the construction workers.

I sang about Blue Skies and Daisy on her bicycle built for two.

The wind blew my hair back.

I laughed and told myself out loud how happy I was.

I bought my piano student some ice cream.

Showed up to their house out of breath and extremely happy.

Taught piano.

Heard a chorus of "Thank you Miss Shelby!" as I left.

Hopped back on my bike.

Decided to travel to Hannah's and surprise her!

She wasn't home.

I hung out at her house anyway.

Watched The Notebook as I finished the final touches on my prom dress.

Hopped back on my bike and rode home.

Sun smiling at me.

Nothin' but blue skies.

Then...Scott calls!

I play a good round of Don't Touch The Ground Tag at the castle park.

I wore a yellow shirt and some overalls.

Made a few new friends.

Kids are the greatest.

Cooled down with some Roxberry.

Enjoyed a night with the girls.

What could be better?

Man, my day was SO GOOD. I am pretty sure it's the Spring Break plague of bliss. Every Spring Break is filled with sunshine and happiness. Always.

Also... I am going to ride my bike more.

"Look to this day! For it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course lie all the varieties and realities of our existence: The bliss of growth; The glory of action; The splendor of beauty; For yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; But today, well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day" -The Sanskrit

2 comments:

Emily Lefebvre said...

sounds like the most perfect day... and i am truly envious :)

Renée said...

I LOVE SPRING BREAK! And bike rides! You're cute:) Hopefully more bike riding is in both our futures! xoxo