-->

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Big Ball of String

Aw. Look at my adorable family. 
This is Easter Sunday. 
Every Easter we have this glorious tradition to find our Easter Egg Baskets.
Not your ordinary hide-and-seek for us. Oh no. We come upstairs to a house full of different colored YARN! Blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, red....you get the jist. All mixed and jumbled together so we can hardly walk. We all line up in the same spot and grab our end of the colored yarn assigned to us then race to roll up our yarn the fastest and find our Easter egg basket first. (I win every year, of course).

This is us at the start line.

We're OFF
I am on a roll. 
And TA-DU! I am FIRST to find my basket!
 This is all great fun. But every year I am left with a extremely large ball of yarn. As you can imagine, this yarn adds up over the years, as this is an annual event. This year I found myself left with balls and balls of yarn.

What is a girl supposed to do with A MEGA BALL OF YARN?

Well...I considered just crocheting my own prom dress. What a novel idea?!

But...Alas! Prom is over.

So I had to figure something else to do.

Then I remembered this wonderful book from my childhood:


Have any of you read this book? Well goodie. Cause it's fantastic!
There's this boy who gets a little sick and uses his big ball of string to live his life entirely from his bed.

Oh, yes.

THIS is what I am going to do with my yarn:



It shouldn't be too hard.

And no worries, I've already got a good start.

But as I am attempting this new lifestyle, there are a few things I should let the public know:

1) If you come over to my house, don't be alarmed if the door opens to greet you and I'm not there. Just follow the yarn to my room if you need to speak to me.
2) I always enjoy new movies and books. It is after all my 8/12ths and 19 days birthday.
3) Food is also welcome. I particularly enjoy creamy broccoli soup from Kneaders.
4) I might not be at school for the next couple days. Goodbye AP reviewing!
5) There's a slight possibility that the cold in my head will be gone on weekends. So calling to play is acceptable.

2 comments:

Anna Elizabeth said...

My parent's totally did this one year with a Valentine's Day gift! It was SUH-WEEET. Also, you're "on a roll"? Good pun. Love you. Feel better.

Shelby Brimley said...

So.....That pun was unintentional. But still AWESOME. And.....I'm not actually sick. Just sick of school.