-->

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Oddities

My roommate is an avid blogger. Avid. And...she got on my case for not blogging very much. I just feel like since I went to college it zapped my creativity. Horrible, really. Anywho, here's an update.

Since living in Florida:

- I love The Young Victoria. I think I've watched it 5 times. When I think to myself, I sometimes use a British accent or talk as if I lived in 1837.

- Every day I eat blueberries and whipped cream. Whipped cream is probably the best treat with the least amount of calories.

- I sleep too much. I know teenagers are supposed to get a lot of sleep. But, I'm rapidly approaching 20 and starting to wonder if I have some sort of sleep disorder. I just sleep. A lot. Is there a point where that's not good? What if I get married and have a baby and sleep through it's crying! AH. Worst nightmare.

- I can't get enough of Rubber Snakes. No matter how many times I fling those things around poles, my arms, or co-workers, I just don't get tired of it.

- Pinterest.

- I'm tired of Suspicions. I found out the other day all my co-workers were wondering if I was a polygamist. When my manager heard I was from Utah he said "The Land of Many Wives". Man. People have such a misconception.

- I don't get enough food. I mean, it hasn't been forty days and forty nights yet...but almost.

- The humidity is doing wonders to my lips and I just wish I could kiss someone with them.

-Rain is warm. Who knew?

-Reading is a joy. I just finished The Count of Monte Cristo and am now reading Little Women. Someday when I am completely drained of Disney, I want to work at a bookstore. They smell good.

-I write letters everyday. I have about 7 pen pals. I need some stationary. If you want to join the ranks, I'd LOVE it. Just let me know. Everyone needs a pen pal.

-I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the presidential elections. I get to vote this year! Crazy.


I miss you all. Be happy. Disneyworld is great, but they lie. It's not the happiest place on earth. The happiest place on earth is wherever you make it!

Love,

Shelby

2 comments:

Anna Elizabeth said...

Oh, I miss you so much Shelby. Your kissing comment made me laugh. Your life sounds like my idea of bliss right now! - sleeping, reading, and watching movies? OH, and let's not forget to mention the part where you work at Disneyworld. And rubber snakes. Basically, I'm having envious feelings for you! Which is un-Christlike, so I'll try to restrain them.

I just watched Anne of Green Gables with some friends. I think those movies were my favorite Christmas present this year. Also, I don't know if we've ever talked about Anne - have you ever seen the movies? Do you love them? I think you would. If you haven't watched them yet, add it to your list - they are incredibly endearing and charming and magical.

This is turning out into a letter in and of itself. Which brings me to another point - I would love to be added to your list of pen pals. I'm terrible at keeping up on letters, but I really want to try. Getting mail is so fun.

I want to room with you, my dear. Terribly. I think we would simply have a ball. So, if/when you transfer to Provo, and if both of us are still single (weird to think about, but it must be considered [especially if this is the land of many wives]), we should definitely consider it.

Much love,
Much missing,
Anna

Natalie said...

Why yes. Yes I am an avid blogger. Thanks for including me in your blog. And when you find a boy to kiss you go right ahead and you kiss him! I mean, knock your self out! You just take him... then kiss him. Then kiss the crap out of him! Name that movie!