-->

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Yesterday, I had a Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Shake (Yep. That's right.) at Sammy's (this wonderful local band joint/shake and fry place/vintage hangout). It was karaoke night. I'm considering participating next week. As I stepped out the door away from the horrific sounds of karaoke and into the splattering rain with the taste of pumpkin still melting in my mouth; I began to dance.

Fall is here, ladies (and gentlemen?). Fall is here.

So, I decided for my Thrifty Thursday today, I'd bust out all my fabulous scarfs. They are quite thrifty. And a necessary Fall/Winter(or all year round if you live in Idaho) accessory.

Here's my tutorial on: 
Different Ways to Tie a Scarf.

Enjoy.

1) The Turtle Tie

Scarf: Free! Christmas Gift.

This is probably my least favorite on me. But a lot of people pull it off. You wrap the scarf all the way around to loop around your neck and pull it tight so it looks like a turtle neck!

2) Classic Winter

Scarf: Free! Gift.

Throw one end of the scarf over your shoulder. Simple as that. Then go make a snowman.

3) Braided Beauty

Scarf: Free!.....again. Free is the best way to go.

This one is more complicated to do but it's my favorite! You loop the scarf before you put it around your neck then slip one of the ends through and then the other overlapping like a braid!

4) Hang Loose

Scarf: 3 Euros. London.

Definitely the easiest look. Just put on a scarf.

5) Simple Slip

Scarf: 1$ Thrift Store

I like this one with thin scarves. You just tie a knot VERY loosely.

6) Pull It Through

Scarf: 12 Euros. Paris. OK...not extremely thrifty. But, French.

This one is like the Braided Beauty, except you pull both ends through the loop instead of braiding the two.

7) Retro Thin
Scarf: 1$! Woo! Thrift Store.

This is exactly like the Simple Slip except tight! It reminds me of those 50s scarves. This is a more summery look.

8) Drape Around

Scarf: 3$ at Chinatown, NY

This is like the Turtle Tie except I use large cloth scarves and don't pull it tight. You just wrap it all the way around and then fix it to lay the way you want. This is a popular way to wear winter scarves.


Let me know your favorites :)

1 comment:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Thank you for this, I need to start wearing my scarves in different ways.