-->

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Worthy Role Model

In our world today, there are a lot of unworthy role models. Pop stars, fashion models, actresses, etc. People who don't uphold admirable values, even if they are beautiful, talented, or charming.

I met a lady who is beautiful, talented, and charming; who also upholds everything I value. Light literally shines from her eyes. She glows. She serves. She understands people. She loves others. She bears her testimony in front of millions of people! She loves her husband. She honors her role as a mother.

Sister Elaine S. Dalton



AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT TO MEET HER!!!!

WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My life is now complete. 

I sang in the Women's choir last devotional and Sister Dalton was our speaker! She taught me that we can't be perfect, but we can be perfectly pure. She told me that I can change the WORLD! I learned I need to go out of my comfort zone, and DARE. Dare great things, she said. Dream Big. I shouldn't let others lower my expectations or nobility. To multiply my gifts and be confident! 
Aren't those beautiful ideas?! She told me exactly what I needed to hear. Especially since I have been here in ol' Rexburg, Idaho and don't know anyone! I'm a friendly and confident person, so I need to shape up and act like it.
After devotional was over I went to meet her and thank her for her wonderful words. She told me she loved me. And that I should never stop singing. 
And she meant it. She loves me. It's incredible that she does because she doesn't know me. But she does. 

I want to be just like her someday.

1 comment:

Anna Elizabeth said...

She is incredible, and so in tune with the spirit. I met her after that morningside beginning of last year. Me and Alyssa went up, hugged her, and as we walked away she stopped us, paused, and sad, "You are both great leaders." It was the most incredible thing.