-->

Friday, October 14, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Sorry, I'm a day late. I have a special guest for Thrifty Thursday....well; two.

First,

Meet Miranda:


She my California Cutie. We'll keep her. 



Especially since she has fantastic style. See this dress? Thrift store. $4. That's my girl.


This guitar is even a thrift item. I'm pretty sure it plays in tune as well. $35! 


I'm not sure about the shoes....but, they're cute anyway!


So, the strap wasn't thrifted. It's actually handmade just for Miranda at the Farmer's Market down the street! We were there together when I hear the sultry sound of Ella Fitzgerald playing and dragger her away to talk to this old fart about Ella for forty minutes. Some girls would leave, but Miranda is a real pal. I think we will go to the Farmer's Market more in the future if they keep playing Ella. It feels like everything here has to do with Farmer's. Or Potatoes. Or the Horticulture department. Or the Ag Center. Or lack of boys.

Maybe it's just me, but I think all those things relate ;)

Because of the lack of male specimens; I've gone back to my rebound. I admit, I have one. We all do. I love him. Really, he's been with me through the good and the bad. He is my North Star. My constant. He is the kindest most patient, loving, huggable, soft, wonderful person alive. This is my second special guest. Meet:




Ol' Brown Eyes.

I know the name isn't much. Actually, I hate it. But, Hannah named it and it stuck and I just couldn't change it because that's who he is now. So, deal with it.

Apparently, most people don't bring their stuffed-animal boyfriends to college. I didn't realize this until I had a girls night (well...every night is a girls night) and my roommate decided to tell everyone I slept with a monkey.

(Laughter)

Is it really a crime?! NO. I mean, a real man wouldn't let you stain them with mascara and pen.

"I think Ol' Brown Eyes is better than a real man",  I told them.




Then I spent the next three hours how I was going to live a life of celibacy.


Joy.

No comments: