-->

Monday, May 2, 2011

Creepinest Creepin' Internet Creepers

You know those times when you know something, but you don't really care, then one day...your belief perseverance, ignorance about life, and intentional blindness of creepy people BLOWS UP IN YOUR FACE?!

I mean, I've always known the internet was public.

Duh.

I'm writing a blog for goodness sake. Yes, I too participate in the new (old) social network of facebook. It's got it's pros right?

And yes, I admit, I completely facebook stalk and blog stalk my friends and sometimes complete strangers. Look to your right for evidence.

So, I confess, I can be a creeper. But it's all done with good intentions and love and people put up there stuff for a reason and I suppose that reason is so I can stalk them.


Today I realized people cross the line of creepin'.

I walk into school, excited about the prospects of the day. After all, it was my first AP test! And I SLAMMED it. I even had forty minutes to sleep after I finished the test before they would let me leave! So it was all good and exciting.

As I am walking through the halls during a lunch an acquaintance stops me and tell me how absolutely gorgeous my picture is in the school newspaper. This is a little confusing to me because I never recalled having my picture taken....especially not an "absolutely gorgeous" one. I tried to question her. But she had places to be and people to see so I didn't get any info. Immediately, I begin my search for the paper.

What is the school being exposed to? Should I be worried? Is it really an "absolutely gorgeous" picture of me? Where in the world would they FIND one of those? No one ASKED me if they could put my picture in the paper.


I find it.

A rack full.

I'M ON THE STINKIN' FRONT PAGE.

The papers gently slide down the rack as a pull for one revealing 30 different pictures of my face smiling up at me in the most unnerving way possible.

But the worst part. The most horrifying thing.

It's not just me in the picture...



Yes. That's Christian. And yes. That's MY prom pictures. Not the schools. Not even Christian's. MINE. MINE MINE MINE. I didn't sign any sort of consent form. I didn't give any permission for MY prom pictures to be taken off facebook and used in the school newspaper. CHRISTIAN DOESN'T EVEN GO TO LONE PEAK!? What is this.

So then I was determined to figure out who was responsible. Obviously, it must be one of my good friends who knew I wouldn't mind to have my picture in the paper and was running out of time for a deadline and couldn't find me to ask me about it.

Nope.

Someone I don't even know.

Talk about creepin'.

That's not the only picture either. It reappears in the middle of the paper!

I Spy: Shelby and Christian at Prom 



Couldn't find it? Here:


Part of me is entertained. Part of me is slightly violated. And part of me is embarrassed.

But mostly, I am totally creeped out.

Maybe I will get rid of my facebook.

Or maybe I will stop writing on my blog.

But....oh that would be such a shame!

So I say this creeper and I reach a compromise. I'll be careful about the things I say and post (I thought I already was.....but security has INCREASED) and you, creeper, will not take my pictures and put them in the school newspaper without my permission.

Deal?

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anna Elizabeth said...

How funny! I actually was going to submit mine, Breton and I thought it would be funny... but I never did... huh. But they got you!!!! HAHAHA :)

Kendra said...

I would just like you to know: I HAD NO PART IN THIS. I was sick with strep. At home. In fact, I never saw ANYTHING to do with this issue until distribution (which may I add is why the Newspaper looks terribly. Uh. No one look at this issue. Where would they be without their layout editor?). Otherwise I probably would've stopped this. BUT you're not alone--I don't think most of those people knew.
Also, I kind of stand by this so-called-person, because I know it was a deadline and super stressful and they were desperate. Also no one sent in pictures.
Anyway I'm sorry you were creeped out.

(heh just wait till the YB comes out.)

Hannah said...

I should be paid for that photo. After all I was the photographer. I feel cheated.