-->

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Highball! Get On Your Hayburner To Come To The Nosebag Show.

If you understand this title at all: You are a true lumberjack and I envy you.

Here's some help:

Highball: Hurry
Hayburner: Horse
Nosebag Show: A camp where the midday meal is taken to the woods in lunch buckets.

Ok, so it wasn't REALLY a Nosebag show. But it was just as good.

On Saturday my friends and I had a LUMBERJACK PARTY.

Yes.

LUMBERJACK PARTY.


I'm not sure it's ever been done so gracefully and elegantly...or done at all, for that matter.

Klooches* and Tillicum* alike were invited.

You may ask what a Lumberjack party would even consist of?

Well, I will tell you.

The night was filled with felt-beard-makin', wood-and-soap-whitttlin', waffle-eatin', bacon-eatin', fire-burnin', s'more-cookin', log-choppin', banjo-dancin', and pullin' out some Sougans* for Paul-Bunyan-movie-watchin'.

Everyone came dressed up in their plaid and suspenders. Some brought Hatchets and knifes.

The house was decorated with pine-scented car fresheners and trees in every room.

The banjo music in the background and the smell of bacon just seemed to complete the Lumberjack atmosphere of it all.

I know, I know, you are jealous. Because it was the BEST PARTY EVER.

I am even debating the idea of a random-and-obscure-career-option-party every month!

Yes?

Anyway, I can't really describe to you the greatness of this party. A few Shortstakers* came. But most of the dedicated Lumberjacks hung around for the night.

Don't ask why Hannah is being a model...Lumberjacks aren't supposed to model....

OH YA!

These two I am with; they are the Tyee loggers*

Don't I look just GREAT with facial hair?! Shelby Gun-Slingin' Frampton

This is a perfect picture.

And Anna Waffle-Cookin' Lewis cuts with her Hatchet: Bill.

This just speaks tough.

Eating and conversing commences

Yes.

Hannah Red-Beard Abbott looks even better than me with facial hair

Lumberjack Jargon Help:
*Sougan: A heavy woolen blanket
Klooch: A woman
Tillicum: A man, usually a friend
Shortstakers:A worker who quits after earning a small sum
Tyee loggers: From the Chinook word meaning chief, hence the head of the logging operation.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

well if I'm ever going to have a future in modeling it might as well start now! haha