-->

Saturday, February 5, 2011

30 Days in 30 Minutes: A Finale (17, 19-30)

Day[s] 17, 19-30:

So I realized this morning as I traveled upstairs and browsed my blog that I somehow managed to skip day 17.

Dearest Day 17,
I am sorry. I wasn't blowing you off. I promise. My brain just forgot about you. But no fear! I will write about you today.
Love,
Shelby

As I was bewildered that a) I can't count to save my life, and b) I am completely unobservant; I realized that perhaps it's best to just be done with this challenge as the last half of the prompts aren't my favorite topics. Also, I have been cheating....a little. If you haven't noticed, I kind of just write about my day and my life and...apply it to the prompt.......somehow. So I thought to myself "If I am just writing about what I want to anyway, what is the point of this 30 day thing?" Well. There isn't one.

BUT.

I accepted the challenge!

I said YES.

I must not quit.

I cannot fail.

Which is why I haven't quit thus far.

So as I pondered this dilemma and talked to a few blogging friends, I decided upon a compromise.

I will finish the challenge. I will do all 30 days, but...I will do them on my time. And my time seems to be shorter than 30 days.


Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, prepare yourself for the post of a LIFETIME!

I Present to you.....

[the rest of] 30 Days in 30 Minutes!
*said in a loud and booming voice. VERY climatically*


Day 17.
Your favorite memory.

Oh Posh. I don't like these favorite ones. It's like asking who is your favorite friend. IMPOSSIBLE. But I will give you a good one.

Once upon a time I went on a date. We made a cake with our faces on it and watched The Keeper of Time (most hilarious movie ever made) in the shed then rode in the back of a truck and danced up on a mountain on a frozen lake while Billie Holiday played in the background and we stared out into the valley.


It was blissfull.

Day 19.
Something you regret.

I believe in no regrets. But that doesn't mean I haven't been ashamed of myself before.

I wish I never got angry.

Day 20.
This month.

Is the shortest month of the year. Crazy huh? Yes.

It's also Valentines day. One of the most joyful holidays. Being an avid observer at school is just hysterical.

Day 21.
Another moment.

Once upon a time last year I went sledding very late at night with one of my best friends. We sat on a swing on top of a mountain. Usually, I talk A LOT(sorry...) and I converse and I am loud. But that night. I was completely silent. There was no sound. We didn't speak. We didn't even look at each other. We looked at the beautiful snow covered valley and smog and lights. It was a perfect winter night. The silence went on for half an hour or so. But it wasn't awkward. It was lovely. And bonding. And spiritual. Words weren't needed. It was a moment. So we enjoyed the moment.

It wasn't this night-but it was the same place and just as beautiful.

Day 22.
Something that upsets you.

When bad is good.

Day 23.
Something that makes you feel better.

When someone calls me and says "Hey! I was just thinking about you and dropped by your house to visit. You home?"

That is the best.

Or when someone makes me laugh when I am sad.

Or reading a book.

Or playing the piano.

Day 24.
Something that makes you cry.

Hahaha. Oh boy. The real question is, what DOESN'T make me cry?

I am a softie.

I cry when I am happy.
I cry when I am sad.
I cry when I am full of love.
I cry when I am angry.
I cry when I am alone.
I cry when I feel the spirit.
I cry when other people cry.
I cry when I am grateful.

Day 25.
A first.

The first time I flew a kite: I about peed my pants It was so much fun.



Day 26.
Your fears.

Confession: I am kind of a wimp. My siblings have teased me my WHOLE life because I am so scared to do things sometimes. I am afraid of heights and roller coasters and getting hurt and the dark and basically everything a kid could be afraid of. But, I am OK with that because I don't let my fear get in the way of just doing it. I still rock climb and repel and go on ski-lifts. I still ride all the scariest roller coasters. I still go boating and do adventurous things. I still am alright to turn off my lights at night. And sometimes I even force myself into Haunted Houses or get the courage to watch a scary movie. Fewf. Those are brave moments.
I have fears that do hold me back sometimes.
I am afraid of failure.
I am afraid of the unknown.
I am afraid of addiction.
I am afraid of not being able to have kids.

I wish I wasn't afraid.

It's a tool of the devil.

Day 27.
Your favorite place.

My bedroom.

I hide away in their for hours upon hours.

My parents don't like it sometimes...

Day 28.
Something you miss.

I miss Malaysia. I hope someday I can go back and visit my old school and home. Ah! That would be so fun.

Day 29.
Your aspirations.

I want to go here.

Day 30.
one last moment

One time, my best friend and I laid on her roof with blankets and looked at the stars and talked for hours about life. We do that sometimes. When we do, I could stay up there forever. Those are moments.

30 Days: COMPLETED

*Fireworks and much rejoicing*

No comments: