-->

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Dream is A Wish... (15)

Day 15: Your dreams.

I am a dreamer.

At night; yes.
Day time? Yes.
ALWAYS.

I suppose everyone has dreams.

The BFG comes along at night and slips dreams into everyones bedrooms! He gives them dreams. Dreams about crazy lepricons leading across dangerous mountains. Or swimming through rapid rivers and waving to all your friends on the shore. Or dreams of games and winning and survival. Dreams of adventure and love. Dreams of never ending roller coasters or playdough turning into birds or your friend turning into a giant and leading you to your new home. The BFG must have a good imagination...

Then there's the dreams when you are awake.

Dreams of future. Dreams of lovers and fantasies. Dreams of hope.


I dream of owning a little cottage. With an attic that I turn into an old ballroom where I fit my baby grand and maybe a dusty chandelier. But thats all. And then at night time I turn on my chandelier and I dance and dance. With my husband. Or maybe my kids. But I can play some old jazz records and dress up and dance. Or perhaps I will lift up a hatch in the ceiling and go lay on the roof and look at the stars and dream about who else is sitting on their roof too. During the day I will put on yellow sundresses or overalls and I will curl my hair and wear hats and swing on my tree swing. The birds might sing for me if I ask them and I can sing with them. Then I can lay in my little patch of wildflowers for a bit. I will grow BERRIES. Blueberries and Rasberries and Strawberries. And I will pick them and pick them till I have buckets full. Them I will make pies and let them cool on my windowsill.

I dream of traveling the WORLD. Africa, Egypt, India, China, Europe, Japan, Brazil. Everywhere. I want to visit all seven continents before I die. I want to live and know and learn and experience. I dream of boat rides and hot air balloons and canoes and caves and forests and cathedrals and art museums and temples.

I dream of beauty. I dream of flowers and nature and the weather and smiles and music.

I dream of love. Sometimes I make up stories in my head and just sit and close my eyes and play them through, fixing and tweaking and perfecting them till I can't stop smiling.

I dream of success. Maybe someday I could be a jazz singer and record my own music or have my own band. Or maybe I could be a pianist that could play every song in the world and could play by ear in every key. I could perfect my talents. I dream of inspiring kids and being the best teacher ever.

I dream a lot.

But you wanna know my biggest dream?

I dream of being a mom.

I dream of being the best mom in the world.

Sometimes...dreams are just dreams. They don't really go anywhere because the reason you have them is to just think about them and enjoy that. But people can MAKE dreams happen.

I think I will do that.



Day 15: COMPLETED

2 comments:

Anna Elizabeth said...

Your little cottage sounds so perfect. I will come visit you in my old run down truck and bring my kids and they will play with yours, running through orchards. And we will sit on the porch and sip lemonade while talking about high school. We will laugh.

Shelby Brimley said...

Ah. That sounds beautiful. Haha. I am looking forward to it. We can eat some of that hot pie too!