-->

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thrifty Thursday





Puritan shirt? $3.00


Pants that USED to be $70.00....$10.00


And awesome shoes. The brand is Mushrooms? What?! $4.00

Hate the hay,

Love D.I.

That's where my outfit it from today. Even though it took 30 minutes to walk there. On the way home
I shouted at a bunch of cars: "HEY YOU! YA, YOU! GOT ANY CHARITY, HUH? CAN'T GIVE A POOR COLLEGE GIRL A RIDE HOME FROM THE STORE? WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY!?" I don't think anyone heard me. I just had to keep saying to myself, "Just over the next rise, Shelby". That inspiring statement was actually written on my shirt. I was in the 10000 FT Hiking Club. And that was our motto. Too bad I never actually went on a hike with them. Maybe it would have prepared me for college.

College life is different...yet, adventurous.  For instance:

I ate a huge box of raspberries from the Horticulture department while walking to my next class. 15 minutes: 200 raspberries. Hopefully, my stomach handles that alright.


I shoved a roommate into my closet. And legitimately tried to keep her there.

I burst into tears during class when my choir teacher from High School texted me.

I keep waving to everyone...but hardly anyone waves back. Maybe it's a Utah thing?

I heard today from a boy in my Book of Mormon class that Idaho has bigger mountains than Utah. EXCUSE ME?! But, WHAT mountains? That little hill you can see when you climb on the roof? Ya, no. No mountains.

I walk into my dorm and my roommate hides her frosting/nutella/ice cream behind her back. I think she's downed a can of each.

I bang my head on my bunk bed/desk contraption every day. Hopefully, I don't loose too many brain cells.

I have too look at my creepy Child Development textbook each day. That alone gives me nightmares.


I jumped onto a desk in my Children's Literature class pretending to be a monkey. There are no Freshman in that class and I'm pretty sure there were arrows pointing at me, blinking lights, and a creepy computer voice monotonously repeating "FRESHMAN. FRESHMAN. FRESHMAN." I realized I was a bit large for desk hopping when three chairs crashed over and one hit me in an incredibly and painfully uncomfortable spot. I don't think people normally act like a monkey in college.


I bought a 5$ movie from Wal-Mart instead of other crucial needed products for survival. I'm not really sure why, because it's only going to give me a good dose of heartache each time I see it.

I danced silently in my kitchen while a boy was giving a flower to Hannah in the living room.

I listen to Billie Holiday and vacuum. Then lay on the couch and stare at the ceiling in between classes.

I save all the envelopes I receive and hang them on a clothes line in my room.

I keep creeping on people when they exchange numbers and try to inconspicuously take a picture. Awesome.


I had a Sunday Breakfast Party.

I held the sun in my hands.


There are probably a plethora more oddities I didn't mention. Living on my own I realize I love cleanliness. I love being independent. I LOVE having my own kitchen and living room and bathroom. So wonderful. I'm thinking of making a peach pie soon.

I sorta like this college thing.

No comments: