-->

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

I'm starting something new.
Like most women, I like new clothes.
Unlike most women, I hate shopping for them.

Main reason: Money. (Also the trying-on kinda stinks. And sometimes things just don't fit right. Or it takes more than 2 hours to find ANYTHING you like. Bah.)

I just can't spend it! It's...painful. Now, when I was a greasy 5th grader this was no big deal. Don't spend money (don't take showers either, for that matter...) and don't worry about my clothes or the way I looked!

Thankfully, I think my hygiene has improved since then. And I'd say my style has too. No sweatshirts and sports shorts for me every day.

But, alas! My new style came with a price...literally. I'd venture to say a good portion of the money I own goes into clothing. Call me a tight-wad, but I just don't think a shirt is worth 80 dollars. Or more. I like my ten and under rule, find something under ten dollars, that LOOKS like it could be 80. Don't beleive me? It's a fantastic trick. Frugal. So I have gotten into this trend of going to thrift stores. Or sale racks. Or yard sales. All work. All are cheap. And really, when it comes to fashion, you just have to wear it right.

This is where Thrifty Thursday comes in. I really am proud of my cheap, yet stylish, outfits. Why not share the joy? And the skill. Shopping cheap will come in handy. (basically, it's been handy my whole life and will continue to be untill I marry my future rich husband, right? ;)

So here's week number 1:

My first Thrifty Thursday. Take note of the clothes, and most certainly, the price.

Enjoy! :)


Little Black Dress. $6.00


Shoes: $4.00



Belt: $1.50


Shelby: Priceless.

Ha. Just Kidding. The pink lipstick is nice though, ya?

How bout it? Good idea? Let me know what you think. Hopefully, these improve as time goes by. Tune in for next week :)

2 comments:

Madison Cook said...

I feel the EXACT same way as you girl. I hate spending money on clothes (especially now that I know how to embellish them just as well). Anyway, my rule is don't spend more than $5 on a shirt, no more than $10 on pants, and no more than $3 on a skirt. Just simply because I know for a fact that I can find it cheaper somewhere else:) Love the idea of Thrifty Thursdays! Thrift on!

V. said...

WHERE do you find those thrift stores?? I'm so jealous! You're beautiful :)