-->

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thrifty Thursday



Round two:

One of my favorite places EVAH: Target.
Or Target (pronounced like Ballet).

Cheap. Yet, delicious. Look at these finds.


New College bag?! Woot! $8.00

Mmmm. Yummy blue shirt: $4.00.


Sorry my pictures aren't absolutely fantastic today. They will get better. Part of the problem is I can't take pictures of myself, myself. I had my sister try and do this weeks. She can't take pictures. At all. They were all blurry. Except these two. But hey, I have a photography major in my dorm (Roomate #2) so perhaps they will improve.
So....guess what?! I moved in today. That's why you have this special COLLEGE EDITION Thrifty Thursday.

Yesterday was officially my last day in Utah. No car. No money. So visits will be once in a blue moon. I kept saying things like "This is the last time I will be in the shed...", or "This is the last time I will see the sunset in Utah", "This is the last time I will see the view at the three story park", "Or eat Orange Leaf", "Or have a sleepover with my sisters".

Ya, ya. I know. I'm four hours away. And I'm coming back for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will definitely do ALL those things again. And soon. But still, weird? Yes.

My parents decided to throw me into the real world, um, alone; and took a trip to Lake Powell a couple days ago so I got to move in with my best friend and her parents. Two peoples' stuff REALLY fills up a car...


Basically, Hannah and I could hardly fit in the car ourselves. I tried to nap, but Hannah's clothes were magnetically drawn to my head. It was a little difficult.


Five hours later, lots of sweat, realizing I shouldn't have worn my PJs on move-in day, and boxes and bags emptied:


My room. My new "home".






And my bestie. :)

I am so glad she is here with me. It's like bringing home along.

My other roomates are great.

Roomate #1: Pokes her head into our room as we are unpacking. Roomate #2 has yet to arrive and Roomate #1 timidly asks "Do you think my roomate would like Hermit Crabs?".

I now have a pet next door.

Roomate #2: Borrows some butter.



Ya..........anticlimactic. Maybe I'll have some more stories on Roomate #2 later.


Even though I've been complaining about the nothingness of Idaho, it really is wonderful. I mean, it's full of nothingness. But it's wonderful. We passed "Bear World" on the way over here. Date, anyone? Or maybe I could go kiss somebody on top of a water tower. Or roll through hay. Nevermind....I'm allergic to hay...


It's an odd thing to say goodbye to your friends and family. I think I went through over fifty goodbyes last week. I would say "It's not REALLY a goodbye! Just a See-You-Later". But, in some cases as I watched people walk away, I was pretty sure it was goodbye. All my excitement for Idaho didn't change the sadness of that.

But, I was welcomed to BYU-I by Henry J. Eyring. Yes, J. He's a son. And I have a picture of Christ right next to me to look at. And I'll never be alone that way. I can do it.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Well,

I know I can.

Here, here! To college.

P.S. I didn't realize posting about lipstick would get me free lipstick. Mmmm. Sassy Spontanee. Thanks Madie. Delicious. I wore Coral Crush today.

2 comments:

Anna Elizabeth said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. You will rock that campus. And I want frequent calls/texts etc. And an update on all things men.... and all things. In general. You are lovely.

Allie said...

I went to bear world over the summer! AH! It's fantastic!