-->

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shank Yoo




I went on my first college date last night.
After shoving my roommates in my closet so they would stop giggling and to prevent them from saying obnoxious things when the boy came to pick me up, trying to hurry out of my apartment complex because fifty girls were staring at me through their windows, and fretting about how college dating is different than high school dating; I ended up at the Chinese Opera Orchestra of Shanghai performance.

Intriguing.

Fascinating.

And very oriental.

A live orchestra to backed up the singers. With instruments such as: the erhu, guzheng, pipa, sanxian, suona, liuqin, sheng, paixiao, yanguin, zhongyuan, jinghu, dizi, zhonghu, konghou, gaohu, and many traditional percussion instruments.


Try to say those instruments ten times fast.

The Maestro Wang Yongji had the greatest Chinese accent. I couldn't even understand his English. He kept saying "Shank Yoo" (Thank You) over and over and over.

I had a great time. Being at that sort of concert was such a cool experience.

So, my first college date:

Shank Yoo,

Shank Yoo.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Ooh! college date! If this boy becomes significant I expect a phone or skype call! ;) or any boy for that matter!