-->

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lazing on a Friday Afternoon

You know it's Summer when you wake up and decide while slowly eating your cereal and listening to Jack Johnson to catch up on old times and watch the original Star Wars Trilogy. All three of them. In order. Right after one another. By yourself. In a towel. With four dogs surrounding you. A new pedicure. And a cool ice water in one hand.

Ya. I think that was a pretty productive day.

Reminds me of the times when I would cuddle with my dad and we would watch the now-cliche-scene "I am your father" Muhahahaha! and my dad would ask:

"Shelby, why did Darth Vader go to the Dark Side?"

As a quite bright seven year old I would respond, "It was hate, Daddy".

"That's right. It was hate. But it is even bigger than hate. It is pride. That's what Satan uses to bring everyone to the dark side. So as long as we try our best to not be angry and hateful, we can always stay on the good side."

What a good father?! Teaching me moral lessons as we cuddle together and analyze George Lucas' epic tale.

Well. I've never forgot that lesson. Pride brings me over to the dark side.

Maybe...that's just me crossing the nerd-line a little too much?

I guess right after I watched the Trilogy all day, I played video games with my bestie the rest of the night...

Oops. 

Alright, alright. You guys already knew I was a nerd.

May the Force be with you. (more like the Spirit...Keeping with this whole moral lesson :)

No comments: