-->

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Great Escape

As you are all well aware, I am playing assassin.

A wire whisk has been my new best friend. I have been in constant fear of "dying". Sleeping at different houses each night, parking away from my destination, leaving functions early and without notice, etc.

This is what it takes to WIN.

I'm the only girl left. The circle is growing smaller.

I almost died last night.



Everyone playing assassin was invited to the annual END OF THE YEAR SCHOOL SWIM PARTY! Woo! But, obviously, no assassin player would come because they are smart. And fear for their lives. So the director decided to make the party a safe-zone so we could all celebrate being graduated without fear of dying. Sweet.

LIES. It was a plot.

I get to the party and go and ask the director (who also has to be the one tryin to get me--cheap? Ya.) the rules for the party. He says we aren't allowed to kill on the property. But, as soon as one toe goes off the curb....we are free game.

I immidiately know whats happening.

Plans are devised in my head as I stare into my enemies eyes. Both knowing what he is doing. He planned this. He was going to follow me the whole party and when I left, he would go in for the kill.

So....I nonchalantly walk away. My plan is to "go to the bathroom" an hour or so before the party ended and really just book it to my car. Good, ya?

It didn't work.

It's 10:45. I am starting to get anxious so I get up to "go to the bathroom" I head upstairs with my things and as I reach the top, he's waiting for me. Eating pizza. Acting....normal. But threatening. We knew. So then I actually go to the bathroom. Hoping he would be gone when I was done.

YES! He wasn't there. So I go outside and sneak to my car.

He is standing by my car "talking on the phone".

Lame.

I needed help. I got an ally. We truced. I gave him my keys. Our brilliant plan: he was going to get my car and drive it into the driveway because that was still on the property and I could hop in and drive away before my assassin could blink!

My assassin gave up the subtle thing. He followed me. He attempted to push me off the property. He never let me out of his sight. So I run to my car. My ally is there waiting for me! I open the door, but my assassin jumps in my car.

This is no good. I go back inside and I'm freaking out. There's no way I can physically beat this guy?! How can I leave?! Then... it dawned on me. I stood in front of the TV--blocking 30 peoples view of the movie. And I screamed:

"DOG PILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The room erupted.

I ran upstairs but I lost my shoe in the mass of people jumping on one another.

I ran out the door. My assassin wasn't behind me. If I could just make it to my car I would be safe!

I ran to the driveway. But, alas!...


My car is gone.


My ally wasn't waiting for me. Oh no oh no oh no. So I hid behind a garbage can. And waited. Perhaps my assassin would assume I got away and wouldn't look for me and I could just hide until he left?! Ya?..... No.

Finally, my car pulls up to the driveway, but at the same time, my assassin runs from the house. He escaped the dog pile. As I'm running my assassing jumps in his car because he hasn't seen me yet. But I run into view and drop on the ground, hoping he will drive away. He sees me. Shines his brights on me, and the car pulls forward!

Since I don't want to literally or figuratively die. I jump up and run for it. I reach my car and hop in. But my assassin has gotten into his car and pulls in front of the driveway.

We are trapped.

There's no way out! My assassin gets out of the car and walks up to my window. He slowly scrapes his wire whisk across my windsheild as he smiles a menacing smile.

Right now,        I'm freaking out.

But, THANK GOODNESS, my ally steps on the gas and drives across the lawn and out of the property! My assassin was on our tail for a little bit but we lost him.

I was on an adrenaline rush the rest of the night.

This game is getting risky.

That is the closest I've been to being killed.


I have to get my target.



Tonight.

No comments: