-->

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Life By Way of Letter Correspondence

My favorite thing happened today. I opened my mailbox...and received 7 letters.


I love writing. It's a lost art. Through letters you see someone in a different way. The thoughts of their heart. The way their mind works. The essence of their existence. Cell phones, Facebook, Skype: these things are amazing. But, they are immediate. They require no patience or time, just the click of a button. But; a letter. A letter requires you to sit. To think. To ponder. To write. Perhaps, to revise. To walk it to the mail box. To buy a postage stamp. To check every day for a response. To have faith one is coming. To know each letter is special, even if it doesn't contain much. It means: I care enough about you to keep in touch through this simple piece of paper. Where-ever you are in the world, you are loved by me. 

No comments: