-->

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Life By Way of Disney

For the first time in history, Walt Disney World stayed open for 24 hours in honor of Leap Day. It was insane. I was riding Pirates at 3 o' clock in the morning. They had tons of special events and I spent about an hour doing the Macarena in front of the castle. How cool? Actually, I kind of wish I didn't go because I still haven't recovered from lack of sleep. But now I have this sweet pin! (see below). I'm hoping in fifty years that night was all worth it because some crazy Disney fanatic will buy this pin from me for a million bucks. 


On a different note, I received the most wonderful compliment today. I was going about my business, selling water bottles and spinny R2-D2's; when a woman came up to buy something from me and said, as I was taking her money, "You have beautiful eyes". I smiled and said "Thank You", obviously. But she went on! She proceeds to tell me she works for Disney too, in Character Auditions. I am intrigued and sit and listen to her and she states that I would be the PERFECT Cinderella and she has no idea why I am working Merchandise and should go audition RIGHT NOW. What?! How crazy cool is that! She then analyzed my eyes, complexion, and smile while I stared dumb-founded and didn't return her change. My heart basically melted in that moment. I mean, at Disney World calling someone "princess", isn't so much of a pet name but another term for any girl you come in contact with. But being told by a Cast Member who works in Character Auditions I have the perfect Cinderella face; what could be better?! So she left and I looked at my R2D2 spinny toy and realized the truly glamorous Disney life I had chosen. "R2D2, or Cinderella?" I kept asking myself. Dang.

 At least when I play with my R2D2 toy I can look at Harrison Ford.....right?




No comments: