-->

Friday, December 17, 2010

It's Begining to Look a lot Like Christmas

Folks, last night I took a stroll down Temple Square, and you know, strange things are happening there: store windows have been turned into glittering fairylands, street corners are sprouting lighted trees, and everyone seems to be wearing a special kind of glow. So I said to myself, "Shelby, you know somethin'? It's begining to look a lot like Christmas".


























And isn't it?

It's wonderful.

It's almost like since I took my first step out of school today jingle bells are following me and everyone suddenly has a million dollar smiles. Already I've recieved words of love and kindness a little more prevelent than usual in light of the Christmas season, and each time: I really do get a little teary-eyed because I just love them back so much. That's my favorite thing about the Christmas season:

Love

=

Charity

=

Christ

People are generally more Christlike. I have been paying special attention to being more like my Saviour this week.
It was a difficult...

I was dissapointed in some of my friends.
I was not being so nice to my mom.
There were some REALLY frustrating people in a few of my classes that make rude and inappriopriate comments.
I got little sleep and had lots of gigs, and concerts, and tests, and stress.

But, I have been trying. And I did a pretty good job. I treating those frustrating people with love--even though I'm not quite sure where that love came from. I have burst into tears of joy a couple times just because I love my friends and what they do for me. I have prayed for strength to be kinder to my mom. And it helps. All this trying to be like Christ despite the difficulties involved has made me ridiculously more emotional than usual--but also happier :)
And this is the real reason people are happier during Christmas time.
It's CHRISTmas time.

Hopefully during the break I can be especially kind and loving and, well; Christlike.

Instead of focusing on glittering fairylands, sprouted light-strung trees, presents, Santa Claus, food, parties, clothes, stockings, sugar-plum fairies, etc.--I can enjoy them; but, instead focus on that special kind of glow everyone is wearing--the light of Christ.

No comments: