-->

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Holidays #3: It's Christmas Time

This week was BIG. Christmas! It was my best friend's birthday, my YW president who I have had for 4 years was released, I sang a duet with Jenessa in the Singles Ward, I got to hear the man who does "The Voice of Disneyland" (AWESOME), it snowed beautiful magical snow, I booked my flight to NEW YORK CITY (so excited), I spent time with family and friends, but also, it was my annual Christmas Piano Recital.

I teach piano, as you know, and this is the one time of year I get to see the fruits of my labor and watch my students whom I love, perform and see their progress and all their hard work pay off. It is probably the most satisfying day of the year. I LOVE it. And I LOVE my students. And I LOVE teaching. It is such a joy.

Christmas Recital 2010
Section I:
It’s A Small World
 Delayna Grahmn
When The Saints Go Marching In
Marcus Grahmn
Bouree and Musette
Garrett Grahmn
Rain
 Bethany Wood
Christofori’s Dream
Emma Wood

Section II:

Jolly Old Saint Nicolas
The Chipmunk Song
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Delayna Grahmn
Here Comes Santa Claus
Silent Night
Christmas Bells
Marcus Grahmn
I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
The Little Drummer Boy
Up On The Housetop
Garrett Grahmn
Away In A Manger
The First Noel
Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer
Bethany Wood
I Saw Three Ships
Joy To The World
Carol Of The Bells
Emma Wood
Jingle Bells
Shelby Frampton

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
 
It was a great success!
I love music. It is so powerful and helps you feel the spirit. It is something I have worked hard on and I think it's real cool I can share that and teach other kids my joy of music. I tell them that all the time too! If I can just spread my love for music and piano into their little pure hearts I would be a happy teacher. Very happy indeed.


Next: Christmas!

It was lovely as always. There was gift delivering and card writing, soup eating, christmas tree coloring, scripture reading, It's A Wonderful Life-ing, sleeping over in the basement, bop-it-ing, puzzle making, laughing, grandparent's visiting, present opening, cheering, picture taking, and lots of loving.

I love my family and our traditions. Spending time with them and sharing Christ's birth with them is one of the best days of the year. Here are some highlights:


Santa brought me this beautiful hat!


My whole family got footie pjs


We read the story of Christ's birth and colored Christmas Trees

I gave Asia a Littlest Pet Shop toy she really wanted

Hannah's gift :)


So....I'm totally a girl. I got seven movies! Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Notebook, Toy Story 3, Princess and The Frog, Phantom of The Opera, and Gone With The Wind


I am so blessed!...and spoiled.

But I am grateful for all the gifts I got and gave.

It was a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anna Elizabeth said...

Secret.... my family is totally spoiled at Christmas time. It makes me feel a little less bad seeing all your lovely presents!! They look so great. Let's have a movie marathon and party with our toys!!! :) Love you.