-->

Friday, January 27, 2012

Missionary Work

For the first time in a long time, I am surrounded by non-Mormons. It's really different and interesting and fun! I learned how to make coffee the other day and all my co-workers were in disbelief I'd never tried coffee or tea. I learned what "mocha" and "latte" and all those other foreign words meant. To work in the College Program at Disney you have to have "full availability" which to me means: working on Sundays. As a Latter-Day Saint I REALLY didn't want to have to do that and have been working my butt off to make sure I don't. It's hard! All my managers are respectful and my co-workers are usually willing to help me out, but it takes a lot of work. So it has given me an opportunity to share my beliefs with others. It's exciting. But....it's also a little scary. It's a hard thing for me to put something so personal and passionate of mine in someone else's lap and give them the opportunity to accept or reject it. I've been working on it though. Today I gave out my first Mormon.org card to a friend on the bus. Oh, it was so much harder than I thought it would be. I was shaking. But, my religion is the most important thing in my life. I live for it. Something so beautiful is meant to be shared.

Check it out: Mormon.org

And....

Pray for me to have more strength :)

1 comment:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

SuWeeeet! You go, girl.

Hey, guess what your verifier says! Kermi. No kidding. It's says Kermi. And it's written in Green. ha ha

I know that's not Disney, but still!