-->

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Jammin' Toast

Alright, alright, I know I have a gazillion secret dreams that aren't really secret because I post them on the internet....


But. This is another one.


I have always had a secret dream to be in a band during High School.


I honestly could care less if it was a horrible band (well....I would WANT to be good) and we only put together one song. But, I want to record one song. In a band. During High School.


It's just one of those things you gotta do, you know?


So I came up with a band name


and my first album


and the band members




The Jammin' Toast

Coolest band name EVER?! Right?

Ya....Most of my friend's didn't think so either. But I think it's great. Bands jam. And jam and toast just go perfectly together.

Carlie, Anna, and I, will be the coolest band. Album name: Drinking Marmalade. Yes?

Just you wait. 

Soon you will hear us on the radio.

Soon being relative. It all just depends on perspective, right?

Anyway.

I went to the AF Talent Show Thursday Night. IT WAS SO FUN. I love listening and critiquing and cheering and voting for all the awesome talents so prevalent in happy valley Utah. My friend was in the piece that WON! 

Check it out. Check it out here.

 But, I'll admit, it made me a little guilty. 

Why?

BECAUSE I WANT TO BE IN A BAND. 

A jazz one preferably. Maybe I'll wear a black dress and black heels and pearls with my hair in a fancy up-do and scat to my heart's desire. And you know what? I could. Because I have talent. A fair amount.

I play piano.

I sing.

I have presence.

I got rhythm (well....usually)

I have musicality.

Yes. Yes I do! (Forgive the appearance of arrogance--This is mostly to convince myself) So how come I never perform in talent shows? Or variety shows? Or I dunno....other shows. Why don't I grasp opportunity? 

Hmm. 
Hmmmmmm......
Mmm. Hmmmm... (If you are curious this is: My contemplation. I still have no idea why I don't grasp opportunity).

As demonstrated in the previous thought, there is NO reason for me to not grasp opportunity. 

Here goes, baby; here goes. 

I, Shelby Alyse Frampton, promise to grasp opportunity. I WILL share my talents. I WILL perform to my hearts desire. From this moment on, when an opportunity arises, I will walk run to take it into my arms and not let go.

The End. 

2 comments:

Christian said...

I think you are forgetting the good ol' days of the Poké Band. Oh, and how could you overlook Jacklyn Hyde? That accomplishes your goal of recording a song.

Shelby Brimley said...

Sha na na na. Does not count. (I don't really even like that song. Shhhh)