-->

Saturday, March 26, 2011

T.G.I. Friday

Oh my GOODNESS.

I am so thankful it is Friday.

To sum up my week:

end of 3rd term + disappointing score on solo + no BYU scholarships + high-school-never-ends drama + nightmares and no good sleeping = extremely difficult time and slightly blue me.

But I have good news!

IT'S OVER!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I am celebrating.

Once upon a time I was nine(this DOES relate). One of my favorite things to do ever is ride in the car with my daddy. We sing. And roll the windows down. We sing REALLY loud. And quite badly... For some reason, when I was nine, I was scared to be a teenager because, you know, teens have just wretched reputations: Moody, rebellious, immature, etc. As a nine-year-old I vowed to be a unique teenager. Without those awful words clinging on to me wherever I went.

And do you know how I decided to tell my Dad this?

"Dad, when I'm a teenager, I'm going to be different. I'm not going to be a normal teenager. I'm going to roll my windows down when I drive and sing REALLY loud."

Ya, I dunno what I was thinking. That particular action DEFINES teenager. Sadly, in that regard, I failed to "not be a normal teenager".

Today I drove to Decades with my BEST FRIEND.
We celebrated the end of the week by singing incredibly loud and horrible to Queen, The Eagles, Journey, Bon Jovi, ABBA, you name it.
Then we danced around The Gateway to the smooth jazz as we drank some delicious hot chocolate and got offered a modeling job but we RIPPED UP THE PAMPHLET because the show was on Sunday. We even saw our very first secret clubbing party (no, not golf) through this creepy picket fence! We ate hot soup from Kneaders and had a dance party at The Dog House-just us two and a bunch of dogs.

How can a Friday get any better? I love just being happy with my best friend. And I love the up-swing of things. I love the weekend. I love shaping up and choosing to be happier.

And I have so much to look forward too!


Festival of Colors!

BYU-I still hasn't sent out scholarships and I have a little more hope I'll qualify there.

YW General Broadcast tomorrow night.

A weekend alone in a beautiful house.


You know what? Bad things always come to an end. And they certainly make you more grateful.

Thank goodness the end is now. Thank goodness it's FRIDAY.

Fewf!

Hopefully the weather will feel my relief and excitement and catch on......

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Ohp. It's on a sunday.

*rip*

Shelby Brimley said...

That timing was beautiful.