-->

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Please Prove You're Not a Robot

Every time I try to comment on someone's blog, I see:  "please prove you're not a robot" written above those crazy text boxes. Obviously, the chance to prove myself (even if it's of my own humanity) can never be passed up.

I put my hands to the keyboard, focus my attention, and type in the box; fairly certain of my reading capabilities:

Pu5tir 18

lurgBj 2

yarQiN 99

The unique collection of letters and numbers always surprises me. I feel so confident coming into this challenge because of my extensive background in the English alphabet and number system. But doubt never fails to creep into my brain before I submit the matching code sequence. Maybe it's because the symbols QWERTY and I enter in have absolutely no meaning to them. Or, if they do, it's in another language. Robot-Talk.

I don't let the language barrier stop me though.

With renewed assurance I submit the comment.




Fail.




Every. Single. Time.


Maybe I can't read.





Or perhaps I really am a robot.



No comments: