-->

Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Run

I was running my regular route. I picked some wildflowers, listened to some summer tunes, and felt the wind blowing through my hair as I passed hills and hills of potato fields as the sun set in the distance. About half way through the run I heard something. Like a little bell. I pulled out my headphones:

THE ICE CREAM TRUCK.

Summer is HERE! The Ice Cream Truck came out! YAY FOR SUMMER!

I used to have this dream to be an ice cream truck driver when I got old and had a sweet cotton top. I would sell ice cream to kids all day and make them so happy. But as I got older and told my dream to people...they...uh...enlightened me a bit.

"Shelby, why in the world would you be an Ice Cream Truck Driver? They are creepy. Or child molesters."

...

Talk about a shot through the heart.

As I kept running through Rexburg, I listened to the Ice Cream Truck and followed it, the little tune leading me along. I realized though....it was playing Christmas music. The Ice Cream Truck turned the corner, a white old car covered in yellow stickers that were ripping off and a 60 year old Asian man with a mustache driving along as "Jingle Bells" and "O Christmas Tree" rang through the streets.

The disappointment.

Maybe....
....maybe I don't want to be an Ice Cream Truck Driver.

Maybe.

No comments: